Online Divorce Mediations
To keep clients safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, Dawn Boyd is currently offering online divorce mediations. During this challenging time, you and your spouse may have decided it is time to officially end your marriage. Through mediation, you can do so with dignity and reach a divorce settlement that is fair to both of you. Given the current situation, conducting the process online will help keep you safe and protect your health.
Legal Issues that Can Be Resolved through Online Divorce Mediation
Divorce mediation is a process that is guided by an experienced mediator like Dawn Body. You and your spouse can layout the general legal issues that you must resolve to proceed with an uncontested divorce. Common issues that are successfully resolved through mediation include:
- Division of property
- Division of debt
- Child custody
- Child support
- Spousal support
The COVID-19 outbreak has also raised some unique challenges that can be addressed through online divorce mediation, such as:
- How to relocate during a public health emergency
- How to practice social distancing within the same household
- Whether visitation should occur if a child’s health is at risk
- How to co-parent during self-quarantine
- How to handle a child or spousal support if recently laid off
Dawn Boyd can help you resolve these issues efficiently and amicably.
Benefits of Online Divorce Mediation
Online divorce mediation offers participants several key benefits that are particularly important during this trying time, such as:
- Convenience – You can participate in online divorce mediation at a time and place that is convenient for you.
- Fast – In comparison to litigation, mediation can drastically decrease the amount of time it takes to resolve legal issues.
- More pleasant – Litigation pits parties against each other while mediation brings them together in a spirit of cooperation.
- Flexibility – Courts are not known for being creative. However, you and your spouse can brainstorm ways that you can make your divorce work for you, such as nontraditional custody arrangements or an agreement in which you continue to reside in the family home until your children graduate high school.
- Private – You do not have to discuss your family issues in a public forum like a courtroom when you have the option of using online divorce mediation. You, your spouse, the mediator and only other parties you want to be involved in the process will be privy to what you discuss during the mediation process.
- More affordable – By reaching an agreement together, you can drastically reduce the number of attorney’s fees you each pay separately.
The sooner you get started with mediation, the sooner you can amicably part ways.
Contact Dawn Boyd to Learn More
If you would like to schedule an online divorce mediation or want more information on this process, contact Dawn Boyd to learn more. She is committed to helping you through these difficult times and to providing you with the resources that you need while sheltering in place.
Book Your Online Consultation
How does online divorce mediation work?
During online divorce mediation, you and your spouse will participate in the process electronically, usually from different locations. The mediator will see and hear you by leveraging technology. He or she will discuss the mediation process and guide you through a series of issues involved in your divorce. Through respectful communication and cooperation, you and your spouse can amicably settle your divorce case and focus on the next chapter of your life.